The Coastal Profs project was an initiative of four universities in India, Vietnam, The Netherlands and Portugal with the goal to develop curricula to support Masters-level courses on Integrated Coastal Zone Management. The result of this project is a teaching manual on Integrated Coastal Management. For more information concerning the manual, visit the Coastal Profs webpage. The manual is now available online . For questions, contact the project coordinator Maarten Bavinck.
Latest MARE Alerts
Latest MARE Publications
MAST Thematic Collections
1. Marine Conflicts and pathways to sustainability in an era of blue growth and climate change
2. Maritime and Coastal Cultural Heritage
3. Mobilizing small-scale fishing communities for justice and sustainability: Opportunities for food systems transformation
4. Small fish for food and nutrition in the Global South: A value chain approach
5. Work in Industrial Fishing: Why so marginalized, and who can do what to improve working conditions?
6. COVID-19 Special Issue
2023 Policy Day | 2023 People & the Sea Conference
2023 Policy Day was held on June 26, 2023, with the focus on Marine Nature Restoration. The resulting policy brief can be found here.
Following the Policy Day, 2023 People & the Sea Conference was held from June 27-30, 2023 with the theme ‘Blue Fear – navigating ecological, social and existential anxieties during the Anthropocene’. The conference book can be found here.